About WS Steel
Proud of our past, excited about our future. Be part of the change!
If you like to roll up your sleeves and be part of something exciting, now is the time to join WS Steel. We’ve got momentum, a positive attitude and a bright future ahead of us.
Established in 1989, WS Steel is a highly-automated Tier 1 OEM fabricator with the ability to manufacture high volume and large scale products across a wide range of industries.
At WS Steel, we take pride in our manufacturing plants and equipment and look forward to showcasing our capabilities and experience. Our mission is to deliver the best quality products on the market: on time, using modern technology, cutting edge ideas and with a strong commitment to service.
The WS Family of companies consists of WS Steel, WS Ironworks – a structural steel operation, and Urban Park – an outdoor, site furnishings provider.
We are rapidly growing and strive to provide meaningful work and career opportunities to over 200 employees. Operating out of multiple locations in Steinbach, we constantly invest in the latest technology and work hard to be known as an employer of choice, offering competitive wages and a healthy work environment.
Product Development Specialist
If you are a high energy, creative person who likes to interact with others, we have the position for you! We are looking for someone to bring their creative skills to an established brand that has been refreshed. We would like you to expand the market access to the product by establishing E-Commerce, manage the social media messaging, liaise with our website developer to enhance our website and work with our external marketer to develop promotional material.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, commercialization and continuous improvement of our products. From the day to day marketing, advertising and promotional activities of WS Steel to evaluation and profitability potential of new products.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Create – Innovate – Promote
- Keep up to date on the latest trends, concepts and processes to expand product solutions and offerings
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of internal and external marketing, trade shows, seminars, lead generation programs, sales tools and website maintenance
- Liaise with external marketing partner in website development and promotional material
- Support sales team by researching new customer opportunities.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Expand product solutions and offerings
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Nurture and enrich current and potential external relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High energy
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to direct and motivate others
- Exceptional computer and social media skills
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Degree or 2 years’ equivalent work experience in product development / marketing
WS Steel offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including health, disability, life and dental, RRSP plan with company contributions as well as other benefits.
Please submit resumes online, email or in person to Joy Friesen.
Online – www.wssteel.ca
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 204-326-5444 ext. 231 – Fax: 204-346-1450
49 Life Sciences Parkway, Steinbach, MB R5G 2G7
We thank all interested parties; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.