WS Steel, is a Tier 1 OEM fabricator with a compliment of 200 employees and the ability to manufacture high volume and large-scale products across a wide range of industries. We are seeking a full-time manufacturing group leader to coordinate operations in his/her assigned area while providing motivation and direction to team members focusing on safety, quality, productivity and on-time delivery.
The Group Leader is a front-line manufacturing leadership position. The main function is to direct and oversee all activities within their area while motivating, mentoring and creating a positive work environment for all employees.
- Providing direction, motivation, emphasizing teamwork, safety, and skills development.
- Developing a training matrix for team members, assuring training is effective
- Coordinating the hiring and placement of team members with their leader.
- Delegating appropriate authority and responsibilities to team members.
- Developing relationships centered on trust, respect, teamwork and leading by example.
- Seeking feedback and continually working on self-improvement.
- Creating systems and methods to become better every day.
- Being an enthusiastic catalyst for beginning the lean manufacturing journey.
- Focusing on process improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Working with others to develop standardized work.
- Tracking and monitoring daily production performance.
- Ensuring necessary information is communicated between shifts for smooth transitions.
- Demonstrating cooperation with other departments and leaders.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma preferred with 5 years related leadership experience.
- Minimum HS diploma or GED or 10 years related leadership experience.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interest in manufacturing processes, continuous improvement and lean methodologies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive team player.
- Basic working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Previous experience in a lean manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Experience in any of the following: visual factory, 5S, kanban, SMED, would be an asset.
Job Location: Steinbach, Manitoba (Head Office)
Contact: Joy Janz (Human Resource)