An expanding steel manufacturing facility is in need of a
Senior Mechanical Designer
This role will be a great opportunity for the successful candidate to grow and develop their personal skill set in a highly dynamic and innovative company. The Senior Mechanical Designer role includes, but is not limited to:
- Lead the design of major sub-assemblies under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Mentor junior mechanical designers
- Design and analyze mechanical components in Solid Edge CAD software.
- Create detailed drawings, work instructions and give precise direction to production team.
- Provide assistance to project managers on a daily basis.
- Maintains a sustainable and positive work environment with the project team.
- Revise and update existing drawings / files
Desired Skills & Experience / Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design, CAD Technologies, or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution an asset.
- Professional designation preferred
- 10+ years of agricultural/heavy equipment design experience an asset
- Self-motivated with excellent communication (oral and written) and time management skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, manufacturing systems and CAD programs.
- Exceptional organizational ability and technical writing ability.
- High ethical standards.
- Manufacturing practices and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills
WS Steel Offers:
- Full-time employment
- Competitive wages
- Complete benefits package
Please submit resumes by fax, email or in person to Joy Friesen
49 Life Sciences Parkway, Steinbach, MB R5G 2G7