About WS Steel
Established in 1989, WS Steel is a highly automated Tier 1 OEM fabricator with the ability to manufacture high volume and large scale products across a wide range of industries.
At WS Steel, we take pride in our manufacturing plants and equipment and look forward to showcasing our capabilities and experience. Our mission is to deliver the best quality products on the market: on time, using modern technology, cutting edge ideas and with a strong commitment to service.
The WS Family of companies consists of WS Steel, WS Ironworks – a structural steel operation, and Urban Park – an outdoor, site furnishings provider.
We are rapidly growing and strive to provide meaningful work and career opportunities to over 200 employees. Operating out of multiple locations in Steinbach, we constantly invest in the latest technology and work hard to be known as an employer of choice, offering competitive wages and a healthy work environment.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for the daily operations of the Finishing facility with oversight for employees, production and efficiency that ensures the plant is running safely, smoothly, quickly and efficiently.
- Leadership responsibilities for the safe operation of the plant; strong management commitment to transform the culture and sustain a safe working environment in which all employees operate; demonstrate a personal commitment for the well-being of people and inspire employees to a higher level of safety and productivity; show a passion for safety and engage employees in fostering an environment of safety.
- Ensure business objectives in relation to budget for all operational expenditures are being met.
- Foster a team building and collaborative work environment for all employees.
- Plan and manage production capacity to optimize plant costs.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring staff.
- Manage and provide leadership for continuous improvement initiatives, focusing on both costs and driving customer satisfactions.
- Provide a clear, supportive vision that is aligned with the corporate mission statement.
- Safety – responsible for driving safety culture
- Quality – meet or exceed plant quality levels established by the organization
- Delivery – ensure on time delivery to customers
- People – lead employee engagement opportunities, drive positive workplace initiatives
- Drive customer satisfaction by interfacing with customers in order to resolve any quality or delivery issues as they arrive.
- Ensure all equipment and machines are working effectively and address any repairs and replacements as needed.
- Participate in production/quality/process meetings to ensure departments are following schedules and implement corrective action to prevent schedule deviations in order to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for inventories and purchases/material releases within facility.
- Develop manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies and objectives.
- Deliver excellence by ensuring operating plans are achieved.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or experience in a manufacturing environment in a Plant Manager role (or equivalent role)
- 5 – 10 years’ progressive management experience preferred.
- Innovative thinker – find new ways and implement new processes to improve plant productivity and efficiencies.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Ability to direct and motivate others.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, E2 (ERP System)
WS Steel offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including health, disability, life and dental, RRSP plan with company contributions as well as other benefits.
Please submit resumes online, email or in person to Joy Friesen.
Online – www.wssteel.ca
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 204-326-5444 ext. 231 – Fax: 204-346-1450
49 Life Sciences Parkway, Steinbach, MB R5G 2G7
We thank all interested parties; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.