About WS Steel
Established in 1989, WS Steel is a highly automated Tier 1 OEM fabricator with the ability to manufacture high volume and large-scale products across a wide range of industries.
At WS Steel, we take pride in our manufacturing plants and equipment and look forward to showcasing our capabilities and experience. Our mission is to deliver the best quality products on the market: on time, using modern technology, cutting edge ideas and with a strong commitment to service.
The WS Family of companies consists of WS Steel, WS Ironworks – a structural steel operation, and Urban Park – an outdoor, site furnishings provider.
We are rapidly growing and strive to provide meaningful work and career opportunities to over 200 employees. Operating out of multiple locations in Steinbach, we constantly invest in the latest technology and work hard to be known as an employer of choice, offering competitive wages and a healthy work environment.
Quality Control / Quality Assurance Manager
To aid our firm in maintaining and moving all aspects of our Quality Management System forward. This includes control in the office, manufacturing, finishing plant and job sites. You will work directly with corporate management, regulatory agencies, governing bodies, WS sales personal and customers to implement day-to-day QC/QA procedures. You will participate in training manufacturing staff and supervisors regarding day-to-day QC procedures. You will be able to negotiate and interact with fellow professionals. This position relies on experience, training and good judgment to accomplish goals. You will work directly with the supervisors of each department, as well as employees requiring assistance. The position requires the ability to handle multiple demands while keeping positive, results-focused attitude.
WS Steel Offers:
- Full-time employment
- Industry standard competitive wages
- Complete benefits package
Essential Duties Include:
- Evaluate Quality Management Systems and policies.
- Work in Collaboration with senior management to set-up, implement and manage Quality Management System.
- Insure all aspects of Quality Management System are followed and meet requirements
- Document process improvements.
- Audit welder training logs to verify all welders are trained and tested to CWB standards.
- Audit and verify quality procedures are performed through various stages of the manufacturing process.
- Responsible to ensure calibration program is performed as per Quality Management System.
- Responsible to maintain the integrity of the Quality module in E2, specifically NCR’s and corrective actions.
- Support, participate and assist in implementing WS Quality objectives.
- Perform related work as required.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- 5 years experience within the manufacturing industry
- A degree or some sort of formal training in a related field
- Manufacturing practices and techniques
- Can use and teach measuring instruments
- Understand, read and interpret blueprints
- Perform under pressure
- Proactive, a self starter and quick learner
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite products (particularly Excel / Word)
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Team Player
- Good Attitude
Please submit resumes by fax, email or in person to Joy Friesen by September 14, 2017.
Phone: 204-326-5444 – Fax: 204-346-1450
49 Life Sciences Parkway
Steinbach, MB R5G 2G7
We thank all interested parties, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.