- In 2010 WS became vertically integrated with their finishing capabilities by adding an Autophoretic coatings operation.
- 2010 marked the 5th plant expansion, adding a 15,000 square feet to process oversized products up to 60,000 lbs.
- The company rebranded it’s name to “WS Steel” which more accurately encapsulates the business operation.
- An increased focus on fostering a healthy corporate culture resulted in shared goals, and a better understanding of the overall company direction. New safety programs and employment standards were introduced further establishing WS as an employer of choice.
- In 2012 WS became ISO Certified and developed a Welder Training program. A 6th plant expansion increased the Finishing Plant facility by 20,000 square feet.
- Major project accomplishments included: shipping product to Japan in the wake of the large earthquake and power plant meltdown, and providing steel for the Winnipeg Rapid Transit system.
- By 2013 WS had over 238 Employees and undertook their 7th expansion project, adding 19,000 square feet and bringing their total size to over 150,000 square feet.
- A highlight in 2013 was receiving a major contract for the manufacture of the Recycle Everywhere recycling bins.
2014 and beyond
- 2014 Marked the 25th year anniversary of WS Steel.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.